2-Amino-4,4-disubstituted-5-carboxymethyl-Δ2-1,3,4-oxadiazolin-4-ium chlorides and their recyclization in acetic anhydride
- 36 Downloads
2-Methylamino-4,4-disubstituted-5-carboethoxymethyl-δ2-1,3,4-oxadiazolin -4-ium chlorides were obtained from the reaction of 1,1-disubstituted-4-methylsemicarbazides with ethyl propiolate in the presence of hydrochloric acid. After hydrolysis of the ester these chlorides recyclize in acetic anhydride to 1-substituted-3-acetoxy-1H-pyrazoles. The difference in the direction of ring opening with acetic anhydride in the betaines of 1,3,4-oxadiazolin-5-acetic acids and their thia-analogs has been demonstrated.
KeywordsAcetic Chloride Ester Hydrolysis Ethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Ya. Kauss, A. F. Mishnev, and I. Ya. Kalvin'sh. Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No.12, 1674 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Ya. Kauss, S. Kh. Grinberga, and I. Ya. Kalvin'sh. Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1680 (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.D. H. Kim. J. Heterocycl. Chem., 13, No. 2, 179 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Lipnitskii and O. P. Shvaiko. Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1689 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.W. Sucrow, C. Mentzel, and M. Slopianka. Chem. Ber., 111, 780 (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.K. A. Jensen, U. Anthoni, B. Kagi, Ch. Larsen, and C. Pedersen. Acta Chem. Scand., 22, No. 1, 1 (1968).Google Scholar