Acetals of lactams and amides of acids. 72. Investigation of reaction of cyclic β-nitroenamines with p-benzoquinone
- 40 Downloads
The process of condensation of p-benzoquinone with the secondary cyclic enamines 2-(2-nitromethylene)pyrrolidine, -piperidine, and -hexahydroazepine is very much dependent on the size of the saturated ring in these compounds. With increasing ring size, the content of derivatives of 5-hydroxybenzofuran decreases, and the quantity of derivatives of 5-hydroxyindole increases; with the seven-membered enamine, a substituted 6-hydroxyindole is also formed. For enamines of the pyrrolidine and piperidine series, 1,4-bis-2-(2′-nitromethylene)pyrrolidono- or piperidinohydroquinones are also recovered.
KeywordsAcetal Organic Chemistry Amide Piperidine Lactam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Lyubchanskaya, L. M. Alekseeva, and V. G. Granik, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 1, 40 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Lyubchanskaya and V. G. Granik, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 597 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.G. R. Allen, Org. React. (N.Y.), 20, 337 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.R. W. Parr and J. A. Reiss, Aust. J. Chem., 37, 1263 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Granik, A. M. Zhidkova, N. S. Kuryatov, V. P. Pakhomov, and R. G. Glushkov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 11, 1532 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.U. Kucklander, Tetrahedron, 31, 1631 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Etienne and Y. Correia, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., No. 10, 3704 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Roman, German Patent 2,321,523; Chem. Abstr., 80, 27110 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Petersen, West German Patent 863,058; Chem. Zbl., 8416 (1953).Google Scholar