Synthesis of cyclic saturated sulfones by the catalytic reduction of unsaturated compounds
- 34 Downloads
The synthesis of sulfones of thiacyclohexanes, thiadecalins, and perhydrothioxanthenes by the catalytic hydrogenation of the corresponding α,β-unsaturated cyclic sulfones in the presence of palladium on carbon was developed. The effects of the temperature conditions, excess hydrogen pressure, the nature of the grouping in the 4 position of the heteroring, and the degree of shielding of the double bond on the process were established.
KeywordsHydrogen Sulfone Organic Chemistry Double Bond Palladium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. N. Karaulova, The Chemistry of Sulfides from Petroleum [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970), p. 51.Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Mashkina, Heterogeneous Catalysis in the Chemistry of Organic Sulfur Compounds [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1977), pp. 62, 197, 212, 247.Google Scholar
- 3.N. S. Smirnova, S. K. Klimenko, M. N. Berezhnaya, T. V. Stolbova, and V. G. Kharchenko, Zh. Org. Khim., 11, 440 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Palm, Introduction to Theoretical Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1974), p. 88.Google Scholar
- 5.V. D. Tilak, P. B. Mitra, and Z. Miljani, Tetrahedron, 25, 1939 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Kharchenko, A. A. Rassudova, M. E. Stankevich, I. M. Yartseva, and A. R. Yakoreva, Zh. Org. Khim., 6, 1119 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.S. K. Klimenko, T. V. Stolbova, I. Ya. Evtushenko, and V. G. Kharchenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 10, 1347 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.V. G. Kharchenko, A. P. Kriven'ko, O. V. Fedotova, A. A. Shcherbakov, G. G. Aleksandrov, and Yu. T. Struchkov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1060 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Kharchenko, N. S. Smirnova, S. N. Chalaya, A. S. Tatarinov, and L. G. Chichenkova, Zh. Org. Khim., 11, 1543 (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.E. N. Karaulova, G. D. Gal'pern, V. Sh. Shaikhradieva, M. V. Shrapanova, and A. R. Barykina, Neftekhimiya, 8, 101 (1968).Google Scholar