Synthesis of thiirane derivatives of decahydroquinoline by the reaction of α,β-epoxy alcohols with thiourea
- 46 Downloads
The reaction of α,β-epoxy alcohols of the decahydroquinoline series with thiourea in water in the presence of sulfuric acid leads to 1-alkyl-, 1,2-dimethyl-, and 1,2,2-trimethyl-4-thiiranyl-trans-decahydro-4-quinolol carbamates, the structures of which were established by spectral methods.
KeywordsAlcohol Organic Chemistry Sulfuric Acid Thiourea Carbamate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Fokin and A. F. Kolomiets, The Chemistry of Thiiranes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978), p. 343.Google Scholar
- 2.F. V. Bordwell and H. M. Andersen, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 75, 4959 (1953).Google Scholar
- 3.E. P. Adams, K. N. Ayad, and F. P. Doyle, J. Chem. Soc., No. 6, 2665 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.L. I. Ukhova and G. P. Kukso, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 1, 78 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.L. I. Ukhova and G. P. Kukso, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 1, 72 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Bellamy, New Data on the IR Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1971), p. 318.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Tori, T. Komeno, and T. Nakagawa, J. Org. Chem., 29, 1136 (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.G. C. Levy and G. L. Nelson, Carbon-13 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance for Organic Chemists, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Ball, H. Fullmann, and W. Heitz, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed., 19, 718 (1980).Google Scholar