Porphyrins. 17. Oxidation of porphyrins with a cyclopentane ring on the surface of silica gel. Chemical properties of hydroxycyclopentanoporphyrins
- 42 Downloads
It was established that porphyrins with a cyclopentane ring are oxidized on the surface of silica gel by air oxygen to give 51-hydroxy-31,51-cycloporphyrins in 30–35% yields. Heating 51-hydroxy-31methyl-31,51-cycloheptaethyl-porphyrin in CF3COOH leads to splitting out of water and prototropic rearrangement of the intermediate unstable cyclopentenoporphyrin to the previously unknown exo-methylenecyclopentanoporphyrin.
KeywordsOxidation Oxygen Organic Chemistry Chemical Property Porphyrin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Ponomarev and A. M. Shul'ga, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 4, 479 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Ponomarev and A. M. Shul'ga, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 3, 417 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Ponomarev, V. P. Suboch, and A. N. Lyashko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 773 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Bellamy, in: New Data on the IR Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1971), p. 29.Google Scholar
- 5.M. R. Wasielewski and J. F. Thompson, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 12, 1043 (1978).Google Scholar