Porphyrins. 16. Thermolysis of schiff bases of meso-formylporphyrins — A convenient method for the synthesis of porphyrins with a cyclopentane ring
- 45 Downloads
A new general reaction involving the thermal decomposition of Schiff bases of meso-formyloctaalkylporphyrins, which leads to porphyrins that contain a cyclopentane ring, was discovered. The optimum conditions in the synthesis of porphyrins with substituted and unsubstituted cyclopentane rings were worked out in the case of the thermolysis of Schiff bases of meso-formyletioporphyrin I, meso-formyletioporphyrin II, and octaethylporphyrin. The synthesized compounds were characterized by data from the electronic, PMR, and mass spectra.
KeywordsMass Spectrum Organic Chemistry Optimum Condition Thermal Decomposition Porphyrin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Ponomarev, G. V. Kirillova, L. B. Lazukova, and T. A. Babushkina, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin, No. 11, 1107 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Ponomarev, A. M. Shul'ga, and V. P. Suboch, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 259, 1121 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Ponomarev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1693 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.I. A. Chaudhry, P. S. Clezy, and A. H. Mirsa, Aus. J. Chem., 33, 1095 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.M. E. Flaugh and H. Rapoport, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 90, 6872 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.V. D. Rumyantseva, A. F. Mironov, R. P. Evstigneeva, A. N. Stepanov, A. A. Petrov, and S. E. Kupriyanov, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 49, 883 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.G. V. Ponomarev, A. M. Shul'ga, and V. P. Suboch, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 857139; Byull. Izobret., No. 31 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.G. V. Ponomarev, V. P. Suboch, and A. N. Lyashko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 773 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Karlson, Z. Physiol. Chem., 362, 7 (1981).Google Scholar