Pyrylocyanines. 19. Symmetrical pyrylocyanines based on 3,4-polymethylene-2,6-diphenylpyrylium salts
- 45 Downloads
Symmetrical 2,6,2′,6′-tetraphenyl-substituted pyrylo-4- and thiopyrylo-4-cyanines in which both α positions of the polymethine chain are bonded to the β positions of the heterocyclic residues by ethylene or trimethylene groups were synthesized. The introduction of bridged groupings gives rise to a bathochromic effect, which is greater for ethylene groups than for trimethylene groups.
KeywordsEthylene Organic Chemistry Trimethylene Ethylene Group Polymethine Chain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Gavrilyuk, A. A. Ishchenko, M. A. Kudinova, and A. I. Tolmachev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1189 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. Kudinova, N. A. Derevyanko, G. G. Dyadyusha, A. A. Ishchenko, and I. I. Tolmachev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1195 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.Japan Photosensitive Dyes Co., Ltd., Japanese Patent No. 8130, 970 [sic] (Japan Kokai); Chem. Abstr., 95, 115298 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.A. T. Balaban and C. D. Nenitzescu, J. Chem. Soc., 3561 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Kiprianov, in: Introduction to the Electronic Theory of Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1975), p. 142.Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Reynolds, Synthesis, No. 10, 638 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.G. N. Dorofeenko, S. P. Safaryan, and V. I. Dulenko, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 36, 811 (1966).Google Scholar