Determination of water in furfural by infrared spectroscopy
- 104 Downloads
The IR absorption band at 5250 cm−1 is used to determine 0–5% water in furfural. The accuracy of the determination is not less than 5%. The method is suitable for any kind of furfural. The analytical results are unaffected by the presence of formic, acetic, and pyromucic acids, and methanol and ethanol.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Acetic Methanol Organic Chemistry Absorption Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. I. Khol'kin, collection: Researches on the Chemistry and Chemical Technology of Wood [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSR, Moscow, 64, 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.Z. Lada, A. Rycerz-Komorowska, and M. Brudnicka, Chem. Anal., 6, 565, 1961.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Wiegel and H. H. Kirchner, Z. Anal. Chem., 178, 241, 1961.Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Aleksandrov and N. K. Mikhailyan, Khim. prom., 5, 313, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. I. Khol'kin, Izv. V. Sh. Lesnoi zhurnal, 4, 13, 1960.Google Scholar