Reaction of thiophenol with some aliphatic epoxyketones
- 67 Downloads
The reaction of thiophenol with 3, 4-epoxybutan-2-one, 3-methyl-3,4-epoxybutan-2-one, and 3-methyl-3. 4-epoxy-pentan-2-one is investigated. It is found that when these epoxyketones react with thiophenol, oxygen ring opening occurs at the α carbon atom, to give β-phenylmercapto-ß-hydroxyketones. Some reactions of the resultant compounds are investigated.
KeywordsOxygen Organic Chemistry Carbon Atom Ring Opening Thiophenol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. G. Tishchenko and P. M. Malashko, collection: Heterogeneous Reaction and Reactivity [in Russian], Minsk, 281, 1964.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Treibs, Angew. Chem., 60, 291, 1948.Google Scholar
- 3.R. B. Wagner, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 71, 3215, 1949.Google Scholar
- 4.E. G. Werner, Rec. trav. chim., 68, 509, 1949.Google Scholar
- 5.W. H. Davison and G. R. Bates, J. Chem. Soc., 2607, 1953.Google Scholar
- 6.I. G. Tishchenko, collection: Liquid Phase Oxidation of Unsaturated Organic Compounds [in Russian], Minsk, 77, 1961.Google Scholar
- 7.I. G. Tishchenko, collection: Liquid Phase Oxidation of Unsaturated Organic Compounds [in Russian), Minsk, 79, 1962.Google Scholar
- 8.H, O. House and R. S. Ro, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 80, 2428, 1958.Google Scholar
- 9.Dictionary of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 1, 1025, 1949.Google Scholar
- 10.W. C. Johnson, R. J. Shennan, and R. A. Reed, Organic Reagents for Organic Analysis [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 124, 1948.Google Scholar