Reaction of polysubstituted 4H-thiopyrans with trifluoroacetic acid in salt-formation and ionic-hydrogenation reactions
- 29 Downloads
Depending on their structure, tetra- and pentasubstituted 4H-thiopyrans either undergo disproportionation or form salts with the participation of air oxygen upon reaction with trifluoroacetic acid. It is shown that these processes are competitive. The previously proposed scheme for the disproportionation of 4H-thiopyrans with protic acids was proved experimentally. The positions at which protonation of the double bonds of the heterorings occurs were established as a result of ionic hydrogenation of the 4H-thiopyrans.
KeywordsOxygen Hydrogenation Organic Chemistry Double Bond Trifluoroacetic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Kharchenko, M. E. Stankevich, N. M. Kupranets, A. R. Yakoreva, V. I. Kleimenova, and S. K. Klimenko, Zh. Org. Khim., 8, 193 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.O. Yu. Okhlobystin and N. T. Berberova, Zh. Org. Khim., 16, 1558 (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.I. P. Beletskaya, Zh. Org. Khim., 16, 1560 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Kharchenko, N. I. Kozhevnikova, and N. V. Voronina, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 4, 562 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Kharchenko and V. I. Kleimenova, Zh. Org. Khim., 7, 613 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Kharchenko, V. I. Kleimenova, and A. R. Yakoreva, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 7, 900 (1970).Google Scholar