Structure and ring-chain tautomerism of 3-(1-hydroxy-4-bromo-2-naphthyl)propenal
- 56 Downloads
The previously undescribed 3-(1-hydroxy-4-bromo-2-naphthyl)propenal was synthesized. This aldehyde exists primarily in the form of the cyclic 2H-chromene tautomer in the crystalline state, in solutions in nonpolar solvents, and in acetonitrile, ethanol, and acetone. Ring-chain tautomeric equilibrium between the 2H-chromene and quinoid structures is observed in dimethyl sulfoxide.
KeywordsAcetone Organic Chemistry Acetonitrile Aldehyde Dimethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Andreeva, O. M. Babeshko, E. A. Medyantseva, and V. I. Minkin, Zh. Org. Khim., 15, 1899 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.I. M. Andreeva, E. M. Bondarenko, E. A. Medyantseva, R. G. Pudeyan, and V. I. Minkin, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 610 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.J. H. Billman and J. A. Tonnis, Pharm. Sci., 60, 1188 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Gross, A. Rieche, and B. Mattey, Chem. Ber., 96, 308 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.E. A. Medyantseva, O. M. Babeshko, and V. I. Minkin, Zh. Org. Khim., 12, 837 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Weil and W. Heerdt, Chem. Ber., 55, 228 (1922).Google Scholar