Synthesis of 5-nitro-N,N-diphenylhydrazinopyrimidines and investigation of their free radicals
- 35 Downloads
A number of 5-nitro-N,N-diphenylhydrazinopyrimidines were synthesized. Free radicals were obtained by oxidation of these compounds with PbO2. The stabilities of 5-nitro-4-pyrimidinylhydrazyl radicals are close to the stability of the α,α-diphenyl-β-2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazyl radical. The structures of the compounds obtained were confirmed by the UV, IR, PMR, and EPR spectra.
KeywordsOxidation Organic Chemistry Free Radical PbO2
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.É. G. Rozantsev and V. D. Sholle, The Organic Chemistry of Free Radicals [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Cherkasov, G. S. Tret'yakova, and N. N. Aleksandrova, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 36, 694 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.H. C. van der Plas, H. Jongejan, and A. Koudijs, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 15, 485 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.T. A. Turney, Mechanisms of Redox Reactions [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1968), p. 66.Google Scholar
- 5.R. W. Baldock, P. Hudson, A. R. Katritzky, and F. Soti, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin I, 1422 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.A. T. Balaban, P. T. Frangopol, M. Marculescu, and J. Bally, Tetrahedron, 13, 258 (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.E. C. Taylor, J. W. Barton, and W. W. Paudler, J. Org. Chem., 26, 4961 (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.N. Whittaker, J. Chem. Soc., 1565 (1951).Google Scholar
- 9.R. O. Robbin, P. S. Winnek, and J. P. English, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 64, 567 (1942).Google Scholar
- 10.W. R. Boon, W. G. M. Jones, and G. R. Ramage, J. Chem. Soc., 96 (1951).Google Scholar