Diazo compounds of the heterocyclic series. 4. Some peculiarities of the diazo coupling of benzimidazole-2-diazonium salts with phenols and their ethers
- 76 Downloads
The corresponding hydroxy (methoxy)-substituted azobenzimidazoles were obtained by diazo coupling of benzimidazole-2-diazonium salts with phenols and their complete and incomplete ethers in strongly acidic media; in the case of phenol ethers the process is complicated by dealkylation of the methoxy group in the ortho position relative to the azo bridge.
KeywordsEther Phenol Organic Chemistry Acidic Medium Methoxy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. N. Kolodyazhnaya, L. N. Divaeva, N. N. Zheltikova, and A. M. Simonov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 10, 1360 (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.T. I. Godovikova, O. A. Rakitin, and L. I. Khmel'nitskii, Usp. Khim. 52, 777 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Simonov and S. N. Kolodyazhnaya, Khim. Geterosikl. Soedin., No. 3, 543 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.S. N. Kolodyazhnaya, A. M. Simonov, and L. N. Podladchikova, Khim. Geterosikl. Soedin., No. 6, 829 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Zollinger, Acc. Chem. Res. 6, 355 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.S. N. Kolodyazhnaya, L. V. Divaeva, A. M. Simonov, and R. A. Sogomonova, Khim. Geterosikl. Soedin., No. 6, 661 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Zollinger, Azo and Diazo Aromatic Compounds, Academic Press, New York-London (1961), p. 210.Google Scholar
- 8.J. F. Bunnett and G. B. Hoey, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 3142 (1958).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Simonov, R. A. Sogomonova, S. N. Kolodyazhnaya, and L. N. Divaeva, Zh. Org. Khim. 16, 2349 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.Y. Kikugawa, Synthesis, No. 2, 124 (1981).Google Scholar