Syntheses of di- and tetrahydropyrroles
- 26 Downloads
Methyl α-methoxycarbonyl-β, β-dimethyl-γ-nitrobutyrate adds to methyl acrylate by the Michael's reaction at its γ-carbon atom, in contrast to ethyl α-acetyl-β, β-dimethyl-γ-nitrobutyrate which, in the analogous reaction, adds at the α-carbon atom. The structure of the compounds obtained has been established on the basis of their NMR spectra.
KeywordsMethyl Ethyl Organic Chemistry Acrylate Methyl Acrylate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Berezovskii, V. B. Spiro, and B. M. Sheiman, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 4, 108, 1968.Google Scholar
- 2.B. M. Sheiman, V. B. Spiro, and V. M. Berezovskii, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 4, 111, 1968.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Bertele, H. Boos, I. D. Dunitz, F. Ebsinger, A. Eschenmoser, I. Felner, H. P. Gribi, H. Ischwend, E. F. Meyer, M. Resaro, and R. Scheffold, Angew. Chem., 76, 393, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Smith, Vitamin B12 [Russian translation], IL, Moscow 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Leonard and D. L. Felley, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 72, 2537, 1950.Google Scholar
- 6.L. V. Rybin, Candidate's dissertation [in Russian], Moscow p. 102, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.A. N. Nesmeyanov, L. V. Rybin, and M. A. Rybinskaya, ZhOrKh, 2, 988, 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Albert and E. Serjeant, Ionization Constants of Acids and Bases [Russian translation], Khimiya, 128, 1964.Google Scholar
- 9.M. I. Kabachnik, DAN, 83, 859, 1952.Google Scholar
- 10.H. E. Ungnade, E. D. Loughrau, and L. W. Kissinger, J. Phys. Chem., 64, 1410, 1960.Google Scholar
- 11.H. E. Ungnade and L. W. Kissinger, Tetrah, 19, 121, 1963.Google Scholar