- 25 Downloads
Six 2, 2, 5-trialkyl-5-α-alkoxyethyl-1, 3-dioxanes have been synthesized for the first time by the condensation of 2-alkyl-2-α-alkoxyethyl-1, 3-propane diols with ketones, and it has been shown by a study of their PMR spectra that they exist in the unsymmetrical boat conformation. The PMR spectra of a number of previously-synthesized 2-alkyl(aryl)-5-alkyl-5-α-alkoxyethyl-1, 3-dioxanes have been considered and it has been shown that from an analysis of the spectra it is possible to estimate the contents of geometrical isomers in a mixture. The stereochemistry of these compounds has been discussed.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Ketone Diol Geometrical Isomer Boat Conformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Bogatskii and N. L. Garkovik, ZhOKh collection: Problems of Organic Synthesis [in Russian] p. 42, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Bogatskii, Yu. Yu. Samitov, and N. L. Garkovik, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 2, 1335, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Bogatskii, Yu. Yu. Samitov, N. L. Garkovik, and S. A. Andronati, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 3, 195, 1967.Google Scholar
- 4.E. Salmi, Ber., 71, 1803, 1938.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Eliel, Stereochemistry of Carbon Compounds [Russian translation], Moscow, 195, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Friebolin, S. Kabuss, W. Meier, and A. Luttringhaus, Tetrah., 683, 1962.Google Scholar
- 7.N. L. Garkovik, A. V. Bogatskii, S. A. Andronati, and L. V. Basalaeva, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 2, 674, 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.G. V. P'yankova, A. A. Kolesnik, and A. V. Bogatskii, ZhOKh, 34, 1200, 1964.Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Bogatskii, O. S. Stepanova, A. A. Kolesnik, N. L. Garkovik, and E. A. Yatsenko, Ukr. khim. zh., 30, 1326, 1964.Google Scholar
- 10.G. I. Goryashina, A. V. Bogatskii, Yu. Yu. Samitov, O. S. Stepanova, and N. I. Karelina, KhGs [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 4, 391, 1968.Google Scholar