Phenolic derivatives of 2-pyrone. I.
- 26 Downloads
The condensation of hydroxy- and methoxyacetophenones with 1,1,1,3-tetrachloro-3-ethoxypropane or β, β-dichloroacrolein in an acid medium has yielded a number of dichlorodienyl hydroxyphenyl ketones which are converted into the corresponding 2-pyrones in acetic or propionic acids in the presence of phosphoric acid.
KeywordsAcetic Organic Chemistry Ketone Phosphoric Acid Acid Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Werny and R. Hänsel, Naturwiss., 50, 355, 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.T. Toda and T. Tokunaga, Chematherapy (Tokyo), 6, 91, 1958; C. A. 52, 20388, 1958.Google Scholar
- 3.M. J. D. van Dam and F. Kögl, Rec. trav. chim. 83, 39, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.L. P. Sorokina and L. I. Zakharkin, Izv. AN SSR, ser. khim., 73, 1964.Google Scholar
- 5.L. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 1963.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Nakanishi, Absorption Spectroscopy. Practical [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Julia and J. Bullot, Bull. soc. chim. France, 28, 1960.Google Scholar