Polymethine dyes from isomeric 2-methylthionaphthenothiazoles
- 28 Downloads
The structure of 2-methylthieno[2, 3-g]benzothiazole, previously obtained by potassium ferricyanide oxidation of 5-thioacetylaminothionaphthene in alkaline solution, is proved. A synthesis of this base is effected by heating 5, 5′-diacetylamino-4, 4′-dithionaphthenyldisulfide with zinc dust in acetic acid-acetic anhydride. Quino-(2)monomethyl-, carbo-, mero-, dimero-, and thiocyanato dyes are obtained, as well as styryl dyes containing a thieno[2, 3-g]benzothiazole group, and their colors are investigated.
KeywordsEtOH Benzothiazole Ethylidene Zinc Dust Quino
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Z. I. Miroshnichenko and M. A. Al'perovich, ZhOrKh, 1, 289, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.J. G. Farbenindustrie, A. G. French patent 831218, C., 1, 880, 1939.Google Scholar
- 4.F. M. Hamer, J. Chem. Soc., 3160, 1928.Google Scholar
- 5.M. V. Deichmeister, Z. P. Sytnik, and E. B. Lifshits, ZhOKh, 22, 166, 1952.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Fries, H. Heering, E. Hemmecke, and G. Siebert, Ann., 527, 38, 1936.Google Scholar