Acetals of lactams and acid amides
- 26 Downloads
Hydrogenated derivatives of indole, quinoline, and 1H,1-benzazepine were synthesized by reaction of 1-methyl-2-benzoylmethylenepyrrolidine, -piperidine, and -hexahydroazepine with acryloyl chloride. Alkylation of 1-methyl-5-oxo-8-benzoyl-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-octahydroquinoline with triethyloxonium tetrafluoroborate and subsequent treatment with sodium ethoxide gave the corresponding acetal, the reaction of which with substituted anilines gave 1-methyl-5-arylimino-8-benzoyl-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-octahydroquinolines. The IR and PMR spectra of the compounds are presented.
KeywordsAmide Aniline Indole Alkylation Quinoline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Granik, O. Ya. Belyaeva, R. G. Glushkov, and T. F. Vlasova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1106 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Granik, I. V. Persianova, A. M. Zhidkova, R. G. Glushkov, and Yu. N. Sheinker, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1084 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.P. W. Hickmott and G. Scheppard, J. Chem. Soc., C, No. 8, 1038 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.P. W. Hickmott and G. Scheppard, J. Chem. Soc., C, No. 11, 2112 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.R. E. Ireland, Chem. Ind., No. 31, 979 (1958).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Meerwein, W. Florian, N. Schon, and G. Stopp, Ann., 641, 1 (1961).Google Scholar