α-[2-(5-Methoxycarbonyl)furyl]-2,4-dihydroxy- and 2,4,6-trihydroxyacetophenones were obtained by the condensation of polyphenols with (2-methoxycarbonyl-5-furyl)acetonitrile. 7-Acetoxy- and 5,7-diacetoxy-2-methyl-3-[2-(5-methoxycarbonyl)furyl]chromones were obtained from them by reaction with acetic anhydride in the presence of triethylamine and were subsequently deacylated to 7-hydroxy and 5,7-dihydroxy compounds. 7-Hydroxy- and 5,7-dihydroxy-2-ethoxycarbonyl-3-[2-(5-methoxycarbonyl)furyl]chromones were obtained from the indicated acetophenones by reaction with ethoxalyl chloride.
KeywordsAcetic Chloride Organic Chemistry Acetonitrile Anhydride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ferrari-Casagrande, J. Med. Chem., 9, 979 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Siphar, Belgian Patent No. 666, 541 (1965); Chem. Abstr., 65, 3846 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.Belgian Patent No. 633, 436 (1963); Chem. Abstr., 61, 1840 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Aneja, S. K. Mukerjee, and T. R. Seshadri, Tetrahedron, 4, 256 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.S. K. Pavanaram and L. R. Row, Austral. J. Chem., 9, 132 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Zemplen, L. Farkas, and V. Schuller, Acta Chim. Acad. Sci. Hung., 19, 277 (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Baker, J. Chadderton, J. B. Harborne, and W. D. Ollis, J. Chem. Soc., 1852 (1953).Google Scholar
- 8.T. A. Geissman, The Chemistry of Flavonoid Compounds, Oxford-London-New York-Paris (1962), p. 147.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Bellamy, Infra-Red Spectra of Molecules, Methuen (1958).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Nakanishi, Infrared Spectra and the Structure of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1965), p. 64.Google Scholar
- 11.L. H. Briggs and L. D. Colebrook, J. Chem. Soc., 2458 (1960).Google Scholar
- 12.Synthesis of Heterocyclic Compounds [in Russian], Vol. 2, Erevan (1957), p. 50.Google Scholar