Crystal and molecular structure of 7,7-dimethyl-2,3-di(4-methoxyphenyl)-5-oxo-5,6,7,8-tetrahydroquinoline
An x-ray crystallographic investigation of 7,7-dimethyl-2,3-di(4-methoxyphenyl)-5-oxo-5,6,7,8-tetrahydroquinoline, obtained by the hydrolysis of its oxime, was undertaken. The oxime, together with the isomeric oxime of 7,7-dimethyl-2,4-di(4-methoxyphenyl)-5-oxo-5,6,7,8-tetrahydroquinoline, is formed in the reaction of 5,5-dimethyl-2-[1,3-di(4-methoxyphenyl)-3-oxopropyl]cyclohexane-1,3-dione with hydroxylamine hydrochloride.
KeywordsHydrolysis Organic Chemistry Molecular Structure Hydrochloride Dione
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Mikhailov, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 7, 2950 (1937).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Kharchenko, L. I. Markova, T. D. Kazarinova, and L. M. Yudovich, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1985, No. 6, 846.Google Scholar
- 3.L. E. Sutton, Tables of Interatomic Distances and Configurations in Molecules and Ions, Special Publication No. 18, Chemical Society, London (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.R. F. Bryan, J. Chem. Soc., 1967, No. 12, 1311.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Bucourt, in: Topics in Stereochemistry, Vol. 8, Interscience, New York (1974), p. 159.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Cygler, K. Dobrynin, and A. Stepien, Cryst. Struct. Commun., 10, 395 (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.D. Mooz and H. G. Wasson, J. Chem. Phys., 75, 1517 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.R. G. Gerr, A. I. Yanovskii, and Yu. T. Struchkov, Kristallografiya, 28, 1029 (1983).Google Scholar