Reactions of derivatives of N-aryl-2-methyl-3-ethoxycarbonyl-4,5-dihydroxy-6-bromoindoles
- 35 Downloads
Some 4,5-dihydroxyindoles, with an acetoacetic ester substituent at the 7 position were used to synthesize 7-acetonyl-4,5-dihydroxyindoles. Methylation of these compounds gave 4-hydroxy-5-methoxy- and 4,5-dimethoxyindoles. On reaction with hydroxylamine, these compounds were converted to the oximes. Oxidation of 4,5-dihydroxyindoles with nitric acid gave 4,5-indolequinones.
KeywordsOxidation Methylation Ester Organic Chemistry Nitric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Grinev and I. K. Sorokina, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedinen., No. 10, 1356 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.J. S. Driscoll, J. Pharm. Sci., 68, 1519 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.M. D. Mashkovskii, Drugs [in Russian], Meditsina, Moscow, Vol. 1 (1977), p. 249.Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Grinev and I. K. Sorokina, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1185 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.L. A. Kazitsina and N. B. Kupletskaya, Uses of UV, IR, and PMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow (1971), p. 33.Google Scholar