Mass spectra of piperidines with a shielded nitrogen atom
- 46 Downloads
2,2,6,6-Tetramethylpiperidines with various substituants attached to the C4 atom [R=H, OH, CN, CH2COOH, C6H5, N(CH3)2, N(COCH3)CH2C6H5, N(CH2)5, and N(CH2CH2)O] were studied by means of mass spectrometry. The peculiarities of the fragmentation of the piperidine ring with a shielded electron pair at the heteroatom as a function of the type of substituent attached to the C4, atom are discussed. The fragmentation was studied with the use of high-resolution mass spectrometry, lowvoltage mass spectra, and deuterium labeling.
KeywordsNitrogen Mass Spectrometry Mass Spectrum Organic Chemistry Nitrogen Atom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Ermakov, Yu. N. Sheinker, V. I. Shvedov, L. B. Altukhova, É. S. Krichevskii, and A. N. Grinev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 827 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Ermakov, Yu. N. Sheinker, Zh. K. Torosyan, and V. A. Zamureenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1647 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.Kh. Khafizov, Master's Dissertation, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.J. H. Beynon, Mass Spectrometry and Its Applications to Organic Chemistry, Elsevier, Amsterdam (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Undheim Hvistendahl, Chem. Scripta, 1, 123 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Budzikiewicz, C. Djerassi, and D. Williams, Mass Spectrometry of Organic Compounds, Holden-Day, Inc., San Francisco (1967), p. 297.Google Scholar
- 7.D. H. Williams and R. G. Cooks, Chem. Commun., 663 (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.E. S. Nikit-skaya, L. M. Alekseeva, Yu. N. Sheinker, and L. N. Yakhontov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1672 (1971).Google Scholar