- 38 Downloads
A number of 9-alkenylcarbazoles were obtained in good yields by elimination of alcohols from 9-(l-alkoxyalkyl)carbazoles by heat treatment and under the influence of catalysts. The method makes it possible to obtain both pure trans isomers and mixtures of cis-trans isomers of disubstituted 9-alkenylcarbazoles. The trans isomers of N-propenyl derivatives of pyrrolidone and caprolactam were similarly obtained. The fact of the catalysis of the electrophilic addition of alcohols to 9-alkenylcarbazoles by carbon tetrachloride was observed.
KeywordsAlcohol Heat Treatment Organic Chemistry Catalysis Good Yield
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. D. Filimonov, V. A. Anfinogenov, and E. E. Sirotkina, Zh. Org. Khim., 14, 2550 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Anfinogenov, V. D. Filimonov, and E. E. Sirotkina, Zh. Org. Khim., 14, 1723 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Furukawa, A. Onishi, and T. Tsuruta, J. Org. Chem., 23, 673 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Anfinogenov, V. D. Filimonov, and E. E. Sirotkina, Zh. Org. Khim., 14, 1687 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Bogdanova and M. F. Shostakovskii, Izy. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. khim., No. 2, 224 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.L. P. Ellinger, Polymer, 5, 559 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.H. F. Kauffman, J. W. Breitenbach, and O. F. Olaj, J. Polym. Sci., Polym. Chem. Ed., 11, 737 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.V. P. Lopatinskii, E. E. Sirotkina, and S. A. Bazdyreva, Inventor's Certificate No. 193518 (1965); Byull. Izobr., No. 7, 38 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.R. A. Crellin and A. Ledwith, Macromolecules, 8, 93 (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.V. D. Filimonov, V. A. Anfinogenov, and E. E. Sirotkina, Zh. Org. Khim., 14, 2607 (1978).Google Scholar