Synthesis of 2-phenylthieno[3,2-d]oxazole and 2-phenylthieno[3,2-d]thiazole
2-Phenylthieno[3,2-d]oxazole and 2-phenylthieno[3,2-d]thiazole were obtained by cyclization of the corresponding 2-phenyloxazole and 2-phenylthiazole derivatives. Their spectra and chemical properties were studied, and the pKa values of carboxylic acids with other two-ring systems with a condensed thiophene ring were also compared.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Carboxylic Acid Chemical Property Thiophene Thiazole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. V. Khozeeva, I. Ya. Kvitko, E. L. Baranov, and A. V. El'tsov, Zh. Org. Khim., 13, 232 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.I. Ya. Kvitko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 4, 760 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.I. Ya. Kvitko, N. B. Sokolova, S. P. Fradkina, and A. V. El'tsov, Zh. Org. Khim., 12, 1574 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Ya. Kvitko and A. A. Tarasenko, Zh. Org. Khim., 6, 1253 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.I. Ya. Kvitko, R. V. Khozeeva, N. S. Fedorova, G. M. Frolova, and A. V. Ek'tsov, Zh. Org. Khim., 12, 1598 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.D. Y. Ott, F. N. Hayes, E. Mausbury, and V. N. Kerr, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 79, 5448 (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Fradkina, N. B. Sokolova, I. Ya. Kvitko, V. M. Grebenkina, and A. V. El'tsov, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 47, 1623 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Silberg and Z. Frenkel, Studia Univ. Babes Bolyai (Rom.), Ser. Chem., 10, No. 1, 27 (1965).Google Scholar