9-Acyl- and 9-aroyl-3-methyl-2-azafluorenes
- 25 Downloads
The condensation of 3-methyl-2-azafluorene with esters of aromatic and aliphatic acids has given 9-aroyl and 9-acyl derivatives of 2-azafluorene. They are stable in the enolic form. The 9-benzoyl derivative (II) has also been isolated in the oxo form. The transition from (II) to the cis-trans isomers of 9-benzylidene-3-methyl-2-azafluorene has been effected.
KeywordsEster Organic Chemistry Enolic Form Aliphatic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. S. Prostakov, C. J. Matthew, and V. A. Kurichev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 876 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Bellamy, Infra-red Spectra of Complex Molecules, 2nd ed., Methuen (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Nakanishi, Infrared Spectroscopy. Practical, Holden-Day, San Francisco (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.N. S. Prostakov, S. S. Moiz, A. T. Soldatenkov, V. P. Zvolinskii, and G. I. Cherenkova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1398 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.E. J. Greenhow, D. McNeil, and E. N. White, J. Chem. Soc., 986 (1952).Google Scholar