- 40 Downloads
The diethyl acetal of N-methylpiperidin-2-one has been synthesized and its reactions with compounds having active CH2 and CH3 groups have been studied. In the reaction of diethyl acetal of N-methylpiperidin-2-one with malonic ester, in addition to the condensation product, ethylmalonic ester is formed. The reaction of the acetal with benzoic acid leads to O-alkylation and the formation of ethyl benzoate.
KeywordsAcetal Ester Ethyl Organic Chemistry Diethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Granik and R. G. Glushkov, Zh. Organ. Khim., 7, 1146 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Granik, N. S. Kuryatov, V. P. Pakhomov, E. M. Granik, I. V. Persianova, and R. G. Glushkov, Zh. Organ. Khim., 8, 1521 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.V. G. Granik, A. N. Akalaev, and R. G. Glushkov, Zh. Organ. Khim., 7, 2429 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.O. Červinka, Chem. Listy, 52, 1145 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.R. E. Benson and T. L. Cairns, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 70, 2115 (1948).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Granik, M. K. Polievktov, and R. G. Glushkov, Zh. Organ. Khim., 7., 1431 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.I. Iwanami, T. Seki, and T. Inagaki, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan, 44, 1316 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.K. H. Büchel, A. K. Bocz, and F. Korte, Chem. Ber., 99, 724 (1966).Google Scholar