Analogs of styryl dyes and the simplest AZO dyes from 2-dimethylaminothiophene
- 41 Downloads
The condensation of 2-dimethylaminothiophene with the appropriate derivatives of quaternary benzothiazole salts has give the vinylene-homologous series of dyes with the structure (I). By coupling with benzenediazonium salts, the simplest azo dyes of structure (III) have been synthesized. The influence on the absorption spectra of the replacement of a dimethylaniline nucleus in polymethine and azo dyes by a 2-dimethylaminothiophene nucleus has been investigated.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Absorption Spectrum Benzothiazole Styryl Dimethylaniline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. A. Mikhailenko, L. I. Shevchuk, and A. A. Shulezhko, Zh. Organ. Khim., 8, 1968 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Shulezhko, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 38, 68 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Hartmann and S. Scheithauer, J. Prakt. Chem., 311. 827 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Brooker, G. Keyes, and W. Williams, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 64. 199 (1942).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Brooker, in: Kirk-Othmer, Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, John Wiley, New York (1964), p. 779.Google Scholar
- 6.A. I. Kiprianov, Introduction to the Electronic Theory of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1965), p. 155.Google Scholar