- 29 Downloads
Three new methods have been proposed for the synthesis of 3-bromopyrylium salts. An unsaturated 1,5-diketone is converted into a 3-bromopyrylium salt by allyl bromination and the addition of bromine to the double bond. 3-Bromopyrone, obtained by the bromination of dibenzoylacetone is converted by treatment with Grignard reagents into 3-bromopyrylium salts. Similar compounds have also been synthesized by the pyrylation of aromatic and heterocyclic compounds with 3-bromo-4-chloropyrylium salts obtained from 3-bromopyrone.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Double Bond Bromine Allyl Heterocyclic Compound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. A. Berson, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 74, 358 (1952).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Simalty-Siemiatycki and R. Fugnitto, Bull. Soc. China. Fr., 1944 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Arndt and B. Eistert, Ber., 58, 2318 (1925).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Zagorevskii and Z. D. Kirsanova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 598 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Krivun, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 716 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Krivun, S. N. Baranov, and A. I. Buryak, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1320 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.S. V. Krivun, USSR Author's Certificate No. 268437; Byul. Izobret., No. 14 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Balaban, G. D. Mateescu, and M. Ellian, Tetrah., 18, 1083 (1962).Google Scholar