The law of the reactions of trans-2-ethoxy-3,4-epoxyteteahydropyran with some nucleophiles containing a mobile hydrogen atom
- 23 Downloads
In order to investigate the laws of the opening of the α-oxide ring of epoxides of the tetrahydropyran series with nucleophilic reagents, we have studied the reactions of trans-2-ethoxy-3,4-epoxytetrahydropyran with some nucleophiles containing a mobile hydrogen atom — hydrogen cyanide, hydrogen sulfide, and benzimidazole. The reactions investigated have a strictly directed nature and lead to the formation of 3-substituted ethyl-3,4-di-deoxy-α-DL-threo-pentapyranosides, exclusively.
KeywordsHydrogen Sulfide Organic Chemistry Hydrogen Atom Cyanide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. B. Mochalin, Z. I. Smolina, and B. V. Unkovskii, Zh. Organ. Khim., 5, 2224 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Cahu and G. Descotes, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 2975 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.F. Sweet and R. K. Brown, Can. J. Chem., 46, 1592 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.B. I. Ionin and B. A. Ershov, NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1967), pp. 222, 228.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Spedding, J. Chem. Soc., 3617 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Barker, J. S. Brimacombe, A. B. Foster, D. H. Whiffen, and G. Zweifel, Tetrah., 7, 10 (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Fürst and P. A. Plattner, Abstracts of Papers, 12th International Congress of Pure and Applied Chemistry, New York (1951), p. 409.Google Scholar
- 8.F. Sweet and R. K. Brown, Can. J. Chem., 46, 1481 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.V. B. Mochalin, Yu. N. Porshnev, and G. I. Samokhvalov, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 38, 85 (1968).Google Scholar