Characterization of the pharmacokinetics of bisantrene (NSC-337766)
- 24 Downloads
The pharmacokinetics of bisantrene, 9,10-anthracenedicarboxaldehyde bis ((4,5-dihydro-1 H-imidazol-2-yl) hydrazone) dihydrochloride were evaluated during a Phase I clinical investigation. Bisantrene at doses of 20 to 280 mg/m2 was administered by variable infusion rates to nine patients with advanced metastatic cancer. Bisantrene's plasma clearance followed a triexponential pattern with a harmonic mean terminal half-life (t1/2 γ) of 26 h. The steady state volume of distribution (Vd ss ) was large, averaging 627 l/m2. Plasma clearance averaged 42.6±6.7 l/h/m2. The cumulative urinary excretion of bisantrene was 3.6±1.6% at 48 h.
Key wordsbisantrene CL216,942 pharmacokinetics in humans
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Von Hoff DD, Coltman CA Jr, Forseth B: Activity of 9–10 anthracenedicarboxaldehyde bis ((4,5-dihydro-1H-imidazol-2-yl)hydrazone) dihydrochloride (CL 216,942) in a human tumor cloning system: Leads for a phase II trial in man. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 6:141–144, 1981Google Scholar
- 2.Citarella RV, Wallace RE, Murdock KC, Angier RB, Durr FE: Antitumor activity of CL216,942: 9,10-anthracenedicar-boxaldehyde bis ((4,5 dihydro-1H-imidazol-2-yl)hydrazone) dihydrochloride. Abstracts of the 20th Interscience Conference of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. September, 1980, Abstract #23Google Scholar
- 3.Wu WH, Nicolau G: Disposition and metabolic profile of a new antitumor agent: CL216,942 (bisantrene) in laboratory animals. Cancer Treat Rep 66:1173–1185, 1982Google Scholar
- 4.Von Hoff DD, Myers JW, Kuhn JG, Sandbach JF, Pocelinko R, Clark G, Coltman CA Jr: Phase I clinical investigation of 9,10-anthracenedicarboxaldehyde bis ((4,5-dihydro-1 H-imidazol-2-yl)hydrazone) dihydrochloride (CL216,942). Cancer Res 41:3118–3121, 1981Google Scholar
- 5.Boxenbaum HG, Riegeiman S, Elashoff RM: Statistical estimations in pharmacokinetics. J Pharmacokinet Biopharm 2:123–48, 1974Google Scholar
- 6.Powis G: Reversed-phase high-performance liquid Chromatographie assay for the antineoplastic agent 9,10-anthracene-dicarboxaldehyde bis ((4,5-dihydro-1 H-imidazol-2-yl)hydrazone) dihydrochloride. J Chromatogr 226:514–520, 1981Google Scholar
- 7.Powis G, Kovach JS: Disposition of bisantrene in humans and rabbits: Evidence for intravascular deposition of drug as a cause of phlebitis. Cancer Res 43:925–928, 1983Google Scholar