Analysis of interphase mechanical behavior with interface element in the composite materials
- 21 Downloads
In this paper, stress distribution is obtained by employing the interface element to simulate the interphase feature between fiber-matrix in single-ply laminar which consists of fiber arranged periodically in the x-axis direction and matrix, and which is subjected to far-field transverse load the contour of stress σxx and radial stress στ in the vicinity of interphase are plotted for three different interphase cases. It is made known that the effect of interphase properties on stress distribution is obvious.
Key wordscomposite materials mechanics interphase interface element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. F.Adams, A micromechanics analysis of the infleunce of the interface on the performance of polymer-matrix composites. J. Reinf Plastics and Composites, 6 (1987), 66–87.Google Scholar
- E. Zywicz, Local stresses and deformation due to fabrication and transverse loading in an ideal continuously reinforced Graphite/Aluminum metal matrix composite, M. Sc. Thesis. Dept. of Mech. Eng. MIT (1986).Google Scholar
- J. D.Achenbach and H.Zhu, Effect of interfacial zone on mechanical behavior and failure of fiber-reinforced composites, J. Mech. Phys. Solid, 3, 37 (1989), 381–393.Google Scholar
- J. M.Hohberg and H.Backmann, A micro joint element for nonlinear arch dam analysis, Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, Ed. by G.Swoboda, Balkema Rotterdam (1989), 828–834.Google Scholar
- A.Gens, I.Carol and E. F.Alonso, Elastic-plastic model for joints and interfaces, Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. Computational Plasticity, Ed. by D. J.Owen, E.Hinton and E.Onate, Vol. 2, Pineridge Press, Swansea (1989), 1251–1264.Google Scholar
- M.Keuser, G.Mehlhorn and V.Cornelius, Bond between prestressed steel and concrete, computer analysis using ADINA, Comp. Struct. 17 (1983), 669–676.Google Scholar
- J. C. L.Schellekens and R.Deborst, On the numerical integration of interface elements, International J. for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 36 (1993), 43–66.Google Scholar