Exact solutions of near crack line fields for mode I crack under plane stress condition in an elastic-perfectly plastic solid
- 21 Downloads
The near crack line analysis method has been used in the present paper. The classical small scale yielding conditions have been completely abandoned in the analyses and one inappropriate matching condition used to be used at the elasticplastic boundary has been corrected. The reasonable solution of the plastic stresses near the crack line region has been established. By matching the plastic stresses with the exact elastic stresses at the elastic-plastic boundary, the plastic stresses, the length of the plastic zone and the unit normal vector of the elastic-plastic boundary near the crack line region have been obtained for a mode I crack under uniaxial tension, as well as a mode I crack under biaxial tension, which shows that for both conditions the plastic stress components σv and σ2v, the length of the plastic zone and the unit normal vector of the elastic-plastic boundary are quite the same while the plastic stress σx is different.
Key wordsmode I plane stress crack crack line field plastic zone elastic zone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. D.Achenbach and Z. L.Li, Plane stress crack line fields for crack growth in an elasticperfectly plastic material, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 20 (1984), 534–544.Google Scholar
- GuoQianxin and LiKerong, Plastic deformation ahead of a plane stress tensile crack growth in an elastic-perfectly plastic solid, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 28 (1987), 139–146.Google Scholar
- YiZhijian, The most recent solutions of near crack line fields for mode III cracks, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 47 (1994), 147–155.Google Scholar
- YiZhijian, The precise and new analysis for a mode III growing crack in an elasticperfectly plastic solid, Applid Mathematics and Mechanics (English Ed.) 14, 4 (1993), 345–352.Google Scholar
- YiZhijian, WangShijie and WangXiangjian, The exact solutions of elastic-plastic crack line field for mode II plane stress crack, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Ed.), 16, 10 (1995), 977–984.Google Scholar
- J. A.Hult and F. A.McClintock, Elastic-plastic stress and strain distribution around sharp notches under repeated shear, Proc. 9th Int. Congr. Appl. Mech., 8 (1957), 51–58.Google Scholar