Stress-strain field near the crack-tip of an incompress rubber-like material
- 23 Downloads
This paper contains an asymptotic finite-deformation analysis about the elastostatic field near the crack-tip in an incompress rubber-like material. The cracktip field is divided into two narrowing sectors and one expanding sector. By the new strain energy function and deformation pattern, we derive and solve the asymptotic equations fo reach sector of the tip field. The singularity of the crack-tip field is discussed. The curves of stress-strain of the crack-tip field for an incompress rubberlike material are given and the dominant behaviors of stress and strain near the crack-tip are revealed.
Key wordsrubber-like material finite-deformation crack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. K.Knowles and E.Sternberg, An asymptotic finite-deformation analysis of the elastic field near the tip of a crack, J. Elasticity, 3, 2 (1973), 67–108.Google Scholar
- J. K.Knowles and E.Sternberg, Finite-deformation analysis of the elastostatic field near the tip of a crack: Reconsideration and high-order results, J. Elasticity, 4, 3 (1974), 201–233.Google Scholar
- Y. C.Gao, Elastostatic field near the crack-tip in a rubber-like media, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 14 (1990), 219–231.Google Scholar
- ShiZhifei and GaiYuchen, Stress-strain field near the notch tip of a rubber sheet, Acta Mechanica Sinica, 11, 2 (1995), 169–177.Google Scholar
- T. S.Gao, A rubber wedge under the tension of a line load at its tip, C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Serie 11, 318 (1994), 1–6.Google Scholar
- T. S.Gao and Y. C.Gao, A rubber wedge under the compression of a line load, Int. J. Solids and Structures, 31 (1994), 2393–2406.Google Scholar
- Y. C.Gao and B.Liu, A rubber cone under the tension of a concentrated force, Int. J. Solids and Structures. 32, 11 (1995), 1485–1493.Google Scholar
- Wang Zhenqing, The Large-deformation analysis of the elastostatic field near the notchcorner in a rubber-like material under tension, Ph. d. Dissertation (Tutor Prof. Gao Yuchen), Harbin Engineering University (1994).Google Scholar