Non-symmetrical large deformation of a shallow thin spherical shell
- 20 Downloads
By the modified iteration method, in this paper, non-symmetrical large deflection of a shallow spherical shell is discussed. We solve the second-order approximate analytical solution of the deflection of a shallow spherical shell subjected to linear liquid loads, and portray the characteristic curves of load-deflection on a perturbing point. With this paper's method, the similar questions of other kind of shell can be discussed. Through the examples, we discuss the large deflection of a plane and shallow spherical shells with different initial deflections.
Key wordslarge deformation non-symmetrical iteration method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WangXinzhi, WangLinxiang and XuJian, Non-symmetrical problem of circular thin plates, Chinese Science Bulletin, 34, (1989), 83–85.Google Scholar
- WangXinzhi, WangLinxiang, HongXiaobo and WangShangyong, Displacement solution of circular plates with unsymmetrical large deflection, Natural Science Progress, 3, 2 (1993), 133–144. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- WangLinxiang, WangXinzhi and QiuPing, Non-symmetrical large deformation bending problem of circular thin plates, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Ed.), 13, 12 (1992), 1149–1162.Google Scholar
- R.Herbert and S. P.Peter, Elasticity Theory and Applications, Canada, John Wiley & Sons Inc., (1980), 85–111.Google Scholar
- XuZhilung, Elastic Mechanics (Volume II), Higher Education Press, Beijing (1982), 181–200. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- S.Timoshenko and S.Woinowsky, Theory of Plates and Shells, translated by the Group of translating Theory of Plates and Shells, Science Press, Beijing (1977), 425–455. (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- A. C.Volmir, Pliable Plates and Shells, translated by Lu Wenda, Science Press, Beijing (1963), 157–193. (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- D. N.Paliwal and V.Bhalla, Large deflection analysis of a shallow spherical shell on a pasternak foundation, Int. J. Ves. Piping, 52, 2 (1992), 189–199.Google Scholar