Modeling and Analytical Calculation of a Multiphase Induction Motor in the Phase Loss Asymmetrical Transient Process
- 3 Downloads
The multiphase independent winding induction motor (MIWIM) has wide application in AC drive systems of high control redundancy necessary to ships and coal mines. An accurate analysis of its phase loss transient process is a prerequisite for the phase loss fault-tolerant control. When a phase loss occurs, the internal magnetic fields of the MIWIM are asymmetric. In this case, conventional coordinate transformation or resultant space vector cannot be used to reduce the mathematical model of the motor phase loss to a lower order. Using a five-phase induction motor as an object of study, this paper presents a full-order mathematical model suitable for the asymmetric state in the α–β–z1–z2–z3 coordinate system. The factor analysis of the frequency domain and no consideration of its small value make it possible to reduce the order of the analytical model. According to the constraint relationship between voltage and current, an analytical analysis is made of the motor dynamic characteristics after a phase loss. The results are in agreement with those of numerical simulation and experiment, which verify that the phase loss asymmetric transient model and analytic method of the MIWIM are feasible and effective.
KeywordsTransient model Analytical calculation Induction motor Phase loss
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 51690181, 51477180 and 51807202.
- 7.Lee JH, Lee JS, Lee KB (2017) A fault diagnosis method in cascaded H-bridge multilevel inverter using output current analysis. J Electr Eng Technol 12(6):2278–2288Google Scholar
- 11.Garcia NR, Duran MJ, Prieto IG, Martin C, Barrero F (2017) An open-phase fault detection method for six-phase induction motor drives. Proc ICREPQ 2017:473–478Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang P, Du Y, Habetler TG, Lu B (2017) A survey of condition monitoring and protection methods for medium voltage induction motors. In: Proceedings of ECCE, pp 34–46Google Scholar
- 15.Cui X, Zhang Z, Li H (2013) Analytical research on asymmetrical transient model of induction motor during a thyristor-based bus transfer. In: Proceedings of IAS, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 23.Zheng X, Wang D, Chen J, Cheng S (2014) Analysis of electromagnetic torque of a fifteen-phase induction machine in ten-phase operation mode. In: Presented at the 17th international conference on electrical machines and systems, Hangzhou, China, 2014Google Scholar
- 24.Zheng X, Wang D (2016) Torque regulation of multiphase induction motors under symmetrical fault condition. IEEJ Trans Electr Electron 12(2):1–8Google Scholar