Influence of Inter-turn Short-Circuit Fault Considering Loop Current on Electromagnetic Field of High-Speed Permanent Magnet Generator with Gramme Ring Windings
As a kind of emergency power supply in military field, the high-speed permanent magnet generator (HSPMG) has attracted wide attention to its healthy condition. The loop current (LC) of the inter-turn short-circuit (ITSC) fault seriously endangers the generator unit operation stability and power supply reliability. In order to study the influence of pulsating magnetic field produced by LC on the electromagnetic field, the two-dimensional finite element model (FEM) of the 117 kW, 60000 rpm HSPMG is established. By comparing calculation result and test data, the accuracy of the model is verified. The field-circuit coupling method is used to reveal the change mechanism of magnetic field symmetry when ITSC fault occurs. By comparing the spatial distribution of the air-gap flux density, the relationship among the spatial distribution of the air-gap flux density, the elliptical rotating magneto-motive force (MMF) and the current phase angle is determined. The variation of the amplitude of the air-gap flux density space harmonic under different fault degree is studied, and the fault characteristics of ITSC fault are obtained, which provides a reference for ITSC fault diagnosis and fault degree identification. In addition, the research also laid a theoretical foundation for the next analysis of the loss and temperature field.
KeywordsAir-gap flux density High-speed permanent magnet generator Inter-turn short circuit Loop current Space harmonic
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 51507156, in part by the University Key Scientific Research Programs of Henan province under Grant 17A470005, in part by the Key R & D and Promotion Projects of Henan Province under Grant 182102310033, in part by the Doctoral Program of Zhengzhou University of Light Industry under Grant 2014BSJJ042, and in part by the Foundation for Key Teacher of Zhengzhou University of Light Industry.
- 2.Duong M-T, Chun Y-D, Park B-G, Kim D-J, Choi J-H, HanH P-W (2017) Thermal analysis of a high speed induction motor considering harmonic loss distribution. J Electr Eng Technol 12:1503–1510Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang Y, McLoone S, Cao WP (2018) Electromagnetic loss modeling and demagnetization analysis for high speed permanent magnet machine. IEEE Trans Magn 54:8200405Google Scholar
- 4.Chen D, Feng M (2016) The influence of magnetic field on losses of high-speed permanent magnet motor. In: Proc 2016 IEEE Int Conf Mechatronics and Automation, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China, pp 27–31Google Scholar
- 5.Jeong K-I, Lee D-H, Ahn J-W (2018) Design and analysis of a high speed single-phase hybrid 4/4 poles SRM for hammer beaker application. J Electr Eng Technol 13(5):1978–1985Google Scholar
- 7.Dong J, Huang Y, Jin L, Guo B, Lin H, Dong J, Cheng M (2014) HElectromagnetic and thermal analysis of open-circuit air cooled high-speed permanent magnet machines with gramme ring windings. IEEE Trans Magn 50:8104004Google Scholar
- 8.Li J, Wang D, Ma L, Jun qing (2011) The research of the inter-turn short circuit of the stator windings in doubly fed induction generator. Int Conf Electr Mach Syst 2011:1–4Google Scholar
- 9.Qing LJ, Dong W, Long H (2013) Study of rotor winding inter-turn short circuit fault in doubly fed induction generator based on current signal spectrum analysis. Int Conf Electr Mach Syst 66:789–792Google Scholar
- 10.Qing LJ, Long H, Dong W (2013) Rotor winding inter-turn fault analysis of doubly-fed induction generator based on negative sequence component. Int Conf Electr Mach Syst 56:785–788Google Scholar
- 16.Dusek J, Arumugam P, Brunson C, Amankwah EK, Hamiti T, Gerada C (2014) Impact of slot/pole combination on inter-turn short-circuit current in fault-tolerant permanent magnet machines. IEEE Trans Magn 52:8102709Google Scholar
- 17.Qiu H, Wenfei Y, Tang B, Yang C, Zhao H (2017) Research on the influence of inter-turn short circuit fault on the temperature field of permanent magnet synchronous motor. J Electr Eng Technol 12(4):1566–1574Google Scholar
- 18.Qiu H, Wenfei Yu, Yuan S, Tang B, Yang C (2017) The influence of inter-turn short circuit fault considering loop current on the electromagnetic field of permanent magnet synchronous motor. COMPEL Int J Computa Math Elect Electron Eng 36(4):1028–1042Google Scholar
- 20.Zhang H, Zhang X, Gerada C, Li J (2015) Optimization on the tooth top shape of a high speed permanent magnetic generator. In Proc. 2015 IEEE International Magnetics Conference. Beijing, China. 11–15 MayGoogle Scholar