Improved Backstepping Control with Nonlinear Disturbance Observer for the Speed Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor
- 5 Downloads
This paper investigates the speed regulation problem of permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) drive based on backstepping control and nonlinear disturbance observer. By introducing the backstepping control, the single-loop controller is designed instead of the traditional cascade structure, in which, speed and current controller are combined together by recursive design. However, the standard backstepping control method cannot achieve a satisfying behavior in the presence of the disturbance and parameter uncertainties. Unlike the existing adaptive backstepping control method, a nonlinear disturbance observer is designed to estimate the lump disturbance, which includes the matched and mismatched disturbance in the system. Through disturbance estimation and feed-forward compensation, the robustness of the controller is improved effectively. The stability of the system is also proved. Finally, simulation and experiment are implemented with real-time interface (RTI) based on dSPACE. Compared with PI control method, the proposed composite backstepping controller has fast transient response and strong robustness for all disturbance in various conditions.
KeywordsPMSM Backstepping control Mismatched disturbance Nonlinear disturbance Observer
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61703222 and Grant 61573223, and by the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation under Grant 2018M632622.
- 3.Mohamed YA-RI (2008) A current control scheme with an adaptive internal model for torque ripple minimization and robust current regulation in PMSM drive systems. IEEE Trans Veh Technol 23(1):92–100Google Scholar
- 4.Aliskan I, Gulez K, Tuna G (2013) Nonlinear speed controller supported by direct torque control algorithm and space vector modulation for induction motors in electrical vehicles. Elektronika Ir Elektrotechnia 19(6):41–46Google Scholar
- 18.Lin CK, Liu TH, Fu LC (2011) Adaptive backstepping PI sliding-mode control for interior permanent magnet synchronous motor drive systems. In: Proceedings of American Control Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA, pp 4075–4080Google Scholar
- 19.Shi HY, Feng Y, Yu XH (2010) Adaptive backstepping hybrid terminal sliding-mode control for permanent magnet synchronous motor. In: Proceedings of the 11th international workshop on variable structure systems, Mexico City, Mexico, pp 272–276Google Scholar
- 30.Chen Y, Wang XJ, Li M, Liu X (2017) Disturbance observer-based backstepping control for permanent magnet synchronous motor. In: Proceedings of Chinese Automation Congress (CAC), Jinan, China, pp 1–6Google Scholar