Gasification reactivity and combustion characteristics of semi-coke
- 1 Downloads
Various semi-cokes were obtained from medium–low-temperature pyrolysis of Shenmu long flame coal. The combustion characteristic index and CO2 gasification reactivity of semi-cokes were measured and analyzed using thermogravimetry analysis. The influence of particle size on CO2 gasification reactivities of these semi-cokes was studied. In addition, the Brunauer–Emmett–Teller surface area (SBET), carbon material structure order and carbon crystalline structure were examined by N2 adsorption, Raman spectroscopy and powder X-ray diffraction. All of these properties were used to evaluate the CO2 gasification reactivity of these semi-cokes. The results show that the gasification reactivity of semi-cokes decreases with an increasing crystallinity and structure order. Surface area of the pores is proportional to the reactivity of the semi-coke; the greater the surface area, the faster the gasification reaction rate.
KeywordsBET surface area Reactivity Particle size Gasification Combustion
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
No potential conflict of interest relevant to this article was reported.
- 2.Xue FF, Li D, Guo YT, Liu X, Zhang XP, Zhou QC, Ma BQ (2017) Technical progress and the prospect of low-rank coal pyrolysis in China. Eng Technol 5:1897Google Scholar
- 3.Zou C, Li B, Zhao JX, Li XM (2016) Effects of pyrolysis temperature on grindability of char using pulverized coal injection in Blast furnace. Clean Coal Technol 22:71Google Scholar
- 4.Ma BQ, Luo XW (2014) The development trend and suggestion of semi-coke industry in china. Coal Proc Compr Util 6:73Google Scholar
- 5.Gan JP, Ma BQ, Shang JX, Ma XX, Yang ZB (2013) The formation and development of ideas and routes for transforming coal quality. Coal Chem Ind 41:3Google Scholar
- 6.Shao Q, Wang J, Chen MQ, Cheng MG, Min FF, Zhang MX, Zhang SP, Ren ZW, Yan YJ (2007) Reactivity and gasification kinetics of semi-coke from pyrolysis of biomass by microwave heating. In: Proceedings of the 6th international symposium on coal combustion, p 207 (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Gu J, Wu SY, Zhang X, Wu YQ, Gao JS (2007) CO2 gasification reactivity of Yanzhou coal chars at elevated temperatures. Coal Convers 30:34Google Scholar
- 14.Wu JQ, Xu SQ, Zhou ZJ, Yu GS, Wang FC (2012) Effects of molten slag on coal gasification reaction with CO2 at elevated temperature. J Fuel Chem Technol 40:21Google Scholar
- 15.Duan YF, Zhou Y, Chen XP, Zhao CS, Wu X (2005) Pore structure of coal-chars derived from atmospheric and pressurized spouted fluidized bed gasifiers. In: Proceedings of the 18th international conference on fluidized bed combustion, p 243Google Scholar
- 16.Xing DS, Tan WP (2008) Variances in pore structure of activated semi-cokes with water steam. Proc CSEE 28:14Google Scholar
- 18.Luo YF, Li WH (2004) X-ray diffraction analysis on the different macerals of several low-to-medium metamorpic grade coals. J China Coal Soc 29:338Google Scholar
- 19.Li JG, Fang YT, Zhang YQ, Li CY, Wang Y (2008) Property of char from fast pyrolysis of direct coal liquefaction residue. J Fuel Chem Technol 36:273Google Scholar
- 21.Wang Q, Sun BZ, Wu XH, Bai JR, Sun J (2006) Influence of retorting temperature on combustion characteristics and kinetic parameters of oil shale semicoke. Oil Shale 23:328Google Scholar