Effective Estimation Strategy of Population Variance in Two-Phase Successive Sampling Under Random Non-response
- 1 Downloads
In this paper, an attempt has been made to present the problem of estimation of current population variance in the presence of random non-response in two-occasion successive sampling under two-phase setup. The properties of the proposed estimation procedures are deeply examined with the assumption that numbers of sampling units follow a distribution owing to random non-response. The performances of the proposed estimators are compared with the estimators designated for the complete response situations. We have discussed the effectiveness of the proposed estimators through the results that are interpreted by empirical studies. Appropriate recommendations have been made to the survey practitioners/researchers for their real-life practical applications.
KeywordsSuccessive sampling Random non-response Variance estimator Auxiliary variable Bias Mean square error
Mathematics Subject Classification62D05
Authors are thankful to the Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, for providing financial and necessary infrastructural support to carry out the present research work. Authors are also thankful to the editorial board members and the reviewers for their valuable suggestions.
- 2.Chand L (1975) Some ratio-type estimators based on two or more auxiliary variables. Ph.D. Dissertation, Iowa State University, Ames, IowaGoogle Scholar
- 4.Das AK (1982) Estimation of population ratio on two occasions. J Indian Soc Agric Stat 34:1–9Google Scholar
- 8.Jessen RJ (1942) Statistical investigation of a sample survey for obtaining farm facts. In: Iowa agricultural experiment station research bulletin no. 304, Ames, Iowa, USA, pp 1–104Google Scholar
- 14.Pattersons HD (1950) Sampling on successive occasions with partial replacement of units. J R Stat Soc 12:241–255Google Scholar
- 23.Singh GN (2001) On the use of transformed auxiliary variable in the estimation of population mean in two-phase sampling. Stat Trans 5(3):405–416Google Scholar
- 28.Singh HP, Tailor R, Kim JM, Singh S (2012) Families of estimators of finite population variance using a random non-response in survey sampling. Korean J Appl Stat 25(4):681–695Google Scholar
- 30.Singh GN, Khalid M (2015) Exponential chain dual to ratio and regression type estimators of population mean in two-phase sampling. Statistica 75(4):379Google Scholar