New Type of Vibration Generator with Vibratory Force Oriented in Preferred Direction
Numerous technical solutions are used to produce periodic (vibration) force which may be used in different applications. All of them possess certain advantages as well as obvious drawbacks caused by the principle on which the work of device (vibration exciter) is based.
The main problem to be discussed in the article is to suggest the new principle of construction of a device for periodic force generation. The vector of force produced by the device is supposed to be preferably oriented along the direction of a certain axis.
Methods and Results
The idea implied for the solution of the stated problem is conversion of rotational motion of relatively light “inertia-less” crank into inertial force applied to the axis of rotation (circular vibration) of heavy eccentric pendulum-like mass. The dependence on time and spatial distribution of this inertial force was investigated. High-energy efficiency of the device and absence of “recoil” which is unalienable for almost all types of vibratory exciters were proven theoretically and confirmed by experimental data acquired with 3-d prototype model of the suggested device. Further technical application of the construction is discussed.
Special new type of periodic force generator is presented in the article. Theoretical consideration of construction as well as results of experimental investigation of construction prototype is given.
KeywordsVibration exciter Centripetal acceleration Directed oscillations Periodic inertial force
The reported research was funded by Russian Foundation for Basic Research and the government of the region of the Russian Federation, grant no 18-48-550005.
- 1.Rao JS (2009) Engineering mechanical vibrations in 20th century. Adv Vib Eng 8(2):87–113Google Scholar
- 2.Yinghou Jiao, Zhaobo Chen, Mingzhang Li, Xiuquan Qu (2005) Zhang Zhi-ming nonlinear dynamics analysis of unbalanced rotor system with arc pad journal bearings. Adv Vib Eng 4(1):25–38Google Scholar
- 3.Gorskiy AI, Ivanov-Emin EB, Taburinskiy VS, Golovanov AR (1978) Vibration exciter. Inventor’s certificate SU 526398. Published 05.08.1978. Bul. no. 5Google Scholar
- 4.Ermilov AD, Dudkin MV (1992) Planetary vibration exciter. Inventor’s certificate SU 1727930. Published 23.04.1992. Bul. no. 29Google Scholar
- 5.Isaev IK, Guerasimov MD (2010) Method of directed vibrations generation and technical device fot its realization Patent of Russian Federation 2781078. Published 10.02.2010Google Scholar
- 6.Vibration tamper “ Impulse VT80” operation manual. http://smm.tradicia-k.ru/images/products/files/vibrotrambovka_impulse.pdf (in Russian)
- 7.Pluta J, Orkisz P (2012) Bi-axial exciter of mechanical vibrations//13th International Carpathian control conference (ICCC), 2012, 568–572. https://doi.org/10.1109/carpathiancc.2012.6228709
- 8.Shishkin EV (2015) Dynamic analysis of a vibratory jaw crusher with inclined crushing chamber//mechanics—seventh Polyakhov’s Reading, 2015 international conference on, 2015, pp 1–3. https://doi.org/10.1109/polyakhov.2015.7106775
- 9.Bai J, Tong S, Yu Z, Zheng D (2010) Analysis and simulations of inertia force in ultra high speed stamping machine//information engineering (ICIE), 2010 WASE international conference on (volume 3), pp 238–243, https://doi.org/10.1109/icie.2010.234
- 10.Ma C, Zhigang W, Yang C (2016) Determination of the dynamic characteristics of a multi-point excitation system using electrodynamic shakers and control of their exciting force. J Vib Eng Technol 4(2):161–173Google Scholar