Formation Control of Multiple UAVs Incorporating Extended State Observer-Based Model Predictive Approach
- 43 Downloads
This paper studies the extended state observer-based state space predictive control approach to deal with the multiple unmanned aerial vehicle formation flight with unknown disturbances. The distributed control problem for a class of multiple unmanned aerial vehicle systems with reference trajectory tracking and disturbance rejection is formulated. Firstly, a local distributed controller is designed by using the state space predictive control approach based on an error model to achieve stable tracking. Then, a feedforward compensation controller is introduced by using the extended state observer to estimate and compensate disturbances and improve the ability of anti-interference. Besides, the bounded stability of the designed extended state observer is analyzed as well. Finally, the simulation examples are provided to illustrate the validity of the proposed control structure.
KeywordsState space predictive control (SSPC) Extended state observer (ESO) Trajectory tracking Disturbance rejection Multiple unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
The authors gratefully acknowledge the support of Aeronautical Science Foundation of China under Grant no. 20155896025.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest regarding the publication of this paper.
No data were used to support this study.
- 1.Oland E (2014) Nonlinear control of fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicles. In: PhD thesisGoogle Scholar
- 5.Zheng Z, Yi H (2017) Backstepping control design for UAV formation with input saturation constraint and model uncertainty. In: Chinese Control Conference, Dalian, China, pp 6056–6060Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang HM, Wang WN, Xu GY (2017) Optimal control of formation reconfiguration for multiple UAVs based on Legendre Pseudospectral Method. In: Chinese control and decision conference, Chongqing, China, pp. 6230–6235Google Scholar
- 8.Li P, Qin KY, Pu HP (2017) Distributed robust time-varying formation control for multiple unmanned aerial vehicles systems with time-delay. In: Chinese control and decision conference, Chongqing, China, pp. 1539–1544Google Scholar
- 9.Chen LP, Cui RX, Gao J et al (2016) Cooperative guidance of multiple UAVs for target estimation based on nonlinear model predictive control. In: International conference on advanced robotics and mechatronics. Macau, China, pp 178–183Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang J, Liu C, Jiang RH et al (2014) Position control for PMSM servo system using non-smooth feedback and disturbance estimation compensation. In: International conference on electrical machines and systems. Hangzhou, China, pp 2060–2065Google Scholar
- 18.Zhang F, Zhang Y, Wu X et al (2017) Control of ultra-supercritical once-through boiler-turbine unit using MPC and ESO approaches. In: IEEE Conference on control technology and applications, Mauna Lani, HI, USA, pp 994–999Google Scholar
- 22.Li XR, Li B, Zhang P (2015) Large-scale unmanned aerial vehicle formation maintenance algorithm based on virtual structure. In: International symposium on computational intelligence and design, Hangzhou, China, pp. 417–421Google Scholar
- 26.Gao ZQ (2003) Scaling and bandwidth-parameterization based controller tuning. In: American Control Conference, Denver, CO, USA, pp 4989–4996Google Scholar