Effects of quenching and partitioning process on mechanical properties of TRIP780 steel
- 60 Downloads
A transformation-induced plasticity (TRIP) steel was applied to test its mechanical properties in quenching and partitioning (Q&P) process. A series of Q&P experiments followed by tensile tests, Charpy impact tests, fracture morphology analyses and microstructure observations were conducted. The experimental results showed that the Q&P treatment could increase the mechanical properties of TRIP steel evidently. The strength of tested TRIP780 after Q&P process reaches more than 1500 MPa with elongation of 17.8%, which is obviously greater than that of 22MnB5 after hot stamping. The microstructure observations indicate that the good combination of high strength and plasticity of TRIP steel after Q&P process is attributed to the multi-phase microstructure of hard martensite matrix and soft retained austenite.
KeywordsTransformation-induced plasticity steel Quenching and partitioning process Hot stamping Mechanical property
The authors would like to acknowledge the support by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under grant Nos. 51775336, U1564203, and Shanghai Pujiang Program under Grant No. 17PJD019.
- S. Ying, H. Dong, The Third Generation Auto Sheet Steel: Theory and Practice, in: Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress, Springer, 2013, pp. 933–947.Google Scholar
- M. Liang, Y. Shen, W. Xue, X. Lu, Mater. Sci. Technol. 25 (2017) 50–55.Google Scholar
- K. Liu, B. Chi, Z.M. Shi, J.B. Liu, L. Jian, Adv. Mater. Res. 798 (2013) 280–285.Google Scholar
- F.Y. Xu, S.B. Hu, Y. Chen, J. Mater. Sci. Eng. 31 (2013) 365–371.Google Scholar
- O. Covarrubias, M. Guerrero, R. Colas, R. Petrov, L. Kestens, Y. Houbaert, Transformation behaviour of Si and Mn bearing low carbon steels, in: Proceedings of the International Conference on TRIP-aided high strength ferrous alloys, GRIPS, Aachen: Mainz 2002, 2002, pp. 227–230.Google Scholar
- H. Mohrbacher, Martensitic Automotive Steel Sheet-Fundamentals and Metallurgical Optimization Strategies, in: Advanced Materials Research, Trans Tech Publications, 2015, pp. 130–142.Google Scholar
- F.H. da Costa, C.S. Fukugauchi, M. dos Santos Pereira, Metallographic Analysis of a TRIP 800 Steel Using Digital Image Processing, in: Materials Science Forum, Trans Tech Publications, 2015, pp. 236–241.Google Scholar
- N. Zhong, X. Wang, Y. Rong, L. Wang, J. Mater. Sci. Technol. 22 (2006) 751–754.Google Scholar