Effect of normalization on texture evolution of 0.2-mm-thick thin-gauge non-oriented electrical steels with strong η-fiber textures
- 8 Downloads
Thin-gauge non-oriented electrical steel sheets of 0.2 mm in thickness with high magnetic induction and low core loss were produced by a two-stage cold-rolling method with and without normalization annealing. The through-process texture evolutions of the two processes were compared and studied by means of X-ray diffractometer and electron backscattered diffraction. Results showed that excellent magnetic properties were attributed to strong η-fiber recrystallization texture in the final sheet. Coarse γ-fiber-oriented grains after intermediate annealing and medium cold-rolling reduction were considered key factors to obtain a strong η-fiber texture given that a large number of shear bands within the γ-fiber deformed matrix provided dominant nucleation sites for η-fiber-oriented grains. The normalization annealing after hot rolling was favorable for the retention of cube texture, thereby decreasing the magnetic anisotropy of thin-gauge non-oriented electrical steels.
KeywordsThin-gauge non-oriented electrical steel Two-stage cold-rolling method Microstructure Texture evolution Magnetic property
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51704131 51464011, and 51664021), the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangxi Province, China (No. 20171ACB20020), and the Doctor Start-up Foundation at Jiangxi University of Science and Technology (No. jxxjbs16005).
- J. Salinas-Beltrán, A. Salinas-Rodríguez, E. Gutiérrez-Castañeda, R. Deaquino Lara, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 406 (2016) 159–165.Google Scholar
- I. Tanaka, H. Yashiki, in: TMS (Ed.), 140th Annual Meeting and Exhibition, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society, San Diego, California, USA, 2011, pp. 339–346.Google Scholar
- C.L. Zhang, H.T. Liu, Y.X. Zhang, G.M. Cao, Z.Y. Liu, T. Mater. Heat Treat. 33 (2012) No. 10, 62–67.Google Scholar
- H. Dong, Y. Zhao, X.J. Yu, F.Z Lian, J. Iron Steel Res. Int. 16 (2009) No. 6, 86–89.Google Scholar
- X. Miao, Y.H. Wei, W.K. Zhang, X.Y. Wang, Special Steel 35 (2014) No. 2, 57–59.Google Scholar