Optimal terminal-time determination for the ZEM/ZEV feedback guidance law with generalized performance index
- 5 Downloads
This paper investigates a problem of determining the optimal terminal-time or time-to-go of the ZEM/ZEV (Zero-Effort-Miss/Zero-Effort-Velocity) feedback guidance law for a variety of orbital intercept or rendezvous maneuvers. A generalized ZEM/ZEV guidance problem, whose objective is to minimize a combination of the control energy and terminal time, is examined. Algebraic equations whose solution provides the optimal terminal-time of the orbital intercept/rendezvous problems are derived based on the optimal control theory. The effectiveness of the proposed approach is demonstrated for various orbital maneuver problems.
KeywordsZero-Effort-Miss/Zero-Effort-Velocity (ZEM/ZEV) optimal feedback guidance terminal-time determination intercept rendezvous
This work was prepared under a research grant from the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF-2013M1A3A3A02042461). The authors thank the National Research Foundation of Korea for the support of this research work.
- Furfaro, R., Selnick, S., Cupples, M. L., Cribb, M. W. Non-linear sliding guidance algorithms for precision lunar landing. In: Proceedings of the 21st AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, 2011.Google Scholar
- Ahn, J., Guo, Y. N., Wie, B. Precision ZEM/ZEV feedback guidance algorithm utilizing Vinti’s analytic solution of perturbed Kepler problem. In: Proceedings of the AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, 2013.Google Scholar
- Wang, P., Guo, Y., Wie, B. Orbital rendezvous performance comparison of differential geometric and ZEM/ZEV feedback guidance laws. In: Proceedings of the 4th IAA Conference on Dynamics and Control of Space Systems, 2018, 21–23.Google Scholar
- Bate, R. R., Mueller, D. D., White, J. E. Fundamentals of Astrodynamics. Dover Publications, 1971, 177–222.Google Scholar
- Vallado, D. A. Fundamentals of Astrodynamics and Applications, 3rd ed. Springer, 2007, 87–103.Google Scholar
- Battin, R. H. An introduction to the mathematics and methods of astrodynamics, revised edition, AIAA, 1999, 558–566.Google Scholar
- Bryson, Jr. A. E., Ho, Y. Applied Optimal Control. Halsted Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- Liberzon, D. Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control theory. Princeton University Press, 2012, 86–88.Google Scholar
- Vinti, J. P., Der, G. J., Bonavito, N. L. Orbital and celestial mechanics, AIAA, 1998, 75–106.Google Scholar
- DerAstrodynamics. https://doi.org/derastrodynamics.com (accessed May 4, 2018).