Flexible Production of Thermoset FRP Components
- 150 Downloads
The Institute of Plastics Processing at RWTH Aachen University has developed a process for the economical production of continuous fiber-reinforced, thermoset components. For this purpose, the researchers have expanded the double diaphragm forming process for the processing of thermosets. The process offers a high degree of flexibility even for small and medium series.
Automation for Small Series Production
Endless Fiber-Reinforced Plastics (FRP) are used in a wide variety of applications due to their outstanding potential for lightweight design. The production scope ranges from large series applications to manual, individualized parts with lot size one. The production of FRP parts in general is influenced by the increasing diversification and individualization of products. This desire for individualized production at low prices presents manufacturers with challenges in the areas of product development, process flexibility and cost efficiency.
Looking at the current FRP market, it...
- Witten, E.: Composites-Marktbericht 2016 Der GFK-Markt Europa AVK (ed.): November 2016Google Scholar
- Acmite Market Intelligence: World Carbon Fiber Composite Market. Marekt report, 2010Google Scholar
- Hopmann, C.; Wagner, P. N.; Fischer, K.; Böttcher, A.: Industry 4.0 Repairs of Automotive CFRP Parts by Individual Repair Patch Production with Geometrically Adaptive Manufacturing Molds. Proceedings SAMPE USA 2017, Seattle (USA), 2017, pp. 816–829Google Scholar
- Hopmann, C.; Kuhn, C.; Wagner, P.; Ophüls, M.; Fischer, K.: Endlosfaserverstärkte Strukturbauteile individualisiert produzieren. Umdruck zum 29. Internationalen Kolloquium Kunststofftechnik, Aachen, 2018Google Scholar
- Neitzel, M.; Mitschang, P.; Breuer, U.: Handbuch Verbundwerkstoffe. Werkstoffe, Verarbeitung, Anwendung. München/Wien: Carl Hanser Verlag, 2014Google Scholar