Co-Bonding of Cured FRP Components and SMC by Compression Molding
- 290 Downloads
By using the “Thermoset-Overmolding“ technology, an innovative co-bonding process based on the pressing of uncured SMC on cured composite components, highly functional aircraft structures can be produced in an efficient way. Aim and purpose of the current work is to analyze this technology and to highlight its potentials.
A growing number of passengers can be recorded in air traffic. The average increase is about 5 % per year during the recent years. This trend cannot be compensated by building larger aircraft, but especially in conjunction with an increase of the productivity. The Airbus Group expects a doubling of the passenger aircraft until 2034, what is equivalent to a number of 36.800 aircraft within the next years. The growth in the field of cargo aircraft is about 65 %, thus circa 800 new aircraft are expected [1, 2, 3].
Compared to the increasing passenger numbers in the last 15 years, the fuel consumption is decreased per revenue passenger kilometer by 33 % . This...
The authors would like to thank the Laboratory of Manufacturing Engineering (LaFT) and the Institute of Materials Technology from the Helmut Schmidt University / University of the Federal armed Forces of Germany in Hamburg for providing support and for the excellent cooperation.
- Hartbrich, I.: Airbus geht neue Wege in der Flugzeugproduktion. VDI-Nachrichten 21, 2014Google Scholar
- HAR: Boeing prognostiziert Nachfrage nach 36800 neuen Flugzeugen. VDI-Nachrichten 29/30, 2014Google Scholar
- Leahy, J.: Global Market Forecast 2015-2034. Airbus Group, 2015Google Scholar
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants: Serienproduktion von hochfesten Faserverbundbauteilen — Perspektiven für den deutschen Maschinen- & Anlagenbau. Study, 2012Google Scholar
- AVK: Handbuch Faserverbund-Kunststoffe — Grundlagen, Verarbeitung, Anwendungen. 3rd Ed., Vieweg + Teubner, Wiesbaden, 2010Google Scholar
- Schürmann, H.: Konstruieren mit Faser-Kunststoff-Verbunden. 2nd Ed., Springer, Berlin, 2007Google Scholar
- Fette, Marc et al.: Innovative co-bonding process based on enhanced SMC technology for aircraft applications. In: Proceedings des internationalen Kongresses FEIPUR und SAMPE Brazil, São Paulo, Brasilien, 2016Google Scholar