Open circuit displacement control in a 300 t mining excavator
- 35 Downloads
Hydraulic systems of large scale, as can be found in mining excavators, have typically been based on simplicity and durability. Typical architectures are open-centre hydraulic systems, which were designed with robustness and productivity in mind; however, they lack competiveness with other hydraulic systems in terms of energy efficiency. Displacement control has shown a promising potential especially in multi-actuator machines such as excavators. At the Technische Universität Dresden, an open-loop displacement control system was compared with today’s valve-controlled drive system in a mining excavator.
This research was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research within the research framework for the Forschung für die Produktion von morgen and was managed by the project sponsor Karlsruhe (PTKA). The authors would like to thank for their support.
- Rahmfeld, R.; Ivantysynova, M.: Energy saving hydraulic actuators for mobile machines. In: 1st Bratislavian Fluid Power symposium (1998), Volume 49, pp. 1–11Google Scholar
- Busquets, E.; Ivantysynova, M.: Cooling power reduction of displacement controlled multi-actuator machines. In: The 7th FPNI PhD Symposium on Fluid Power, Reggio Emilia (2012), pp. 453–465Google Scholar
- Heybroek, K.; Palmberg, J. O.: Applied control strategies for a pump controlled open circuit solution. In: Proceedings of the 6th IFK (2008), pp. 39–52Google Scholar
- Schneider, M.; Koch, O.; Weber, J.; Bach, M.; Jacobs, G.: Green Wheel Loader — Development of an energy efficient drive and control system. In: The 9th International Fluid Power Conference (2014)Google Scholar
- Williamson, C. A.: Power Managment for Multi-Actuator Mobile Machines with Displacement Controlled Hydraulic Actuators. 2010Google Scholar
- Ivantysyn, R.; Weber, J.: Energieeinsparungspotentiale eines 300 t Hochlöffelbaggers durch Verdrängersteuerung im offenen Kreis. In: Fachtagung Baumaschinentechnik (2015), DresdenGoogle Scholar
- Ivantysyn, R.; Weber, J.: Novel open circuit displacement control architecture in a 300 tonne mining excavator. In: ESI Simulation X User Forum (2016), pp. 1–9Google Scholar