Spectral Tau Algorithm for Certain Coupled System of Fractional Differential Equations via Generalized Fibonacci Polynomial Sequence
- 267 Downloads
This paper concerns new numerical solutions for certain coupled system of fractional differential equations through the employment of the so-called generalized Fibonacci polynomials. These polynomials include two parameters and they generalize some important well-known polynomials such as Fibonacci, Pell, Fermat, second kind Chebyshev, and second kind Dickson polynomials. The proposed numerical algorithm is essentially built on applying the spectral tau method together with utilizing a Fejer quadrature formula. For the implementation of our algorithm, we introduce a new operational matrix of fractional-order differentiation of generalized Fibonacci polynomials. A careful investigation of convergence and error analysis of the proposed generalized Fibonacci expansion is performed. The robustness of the proposed algorithm is tested through presenting some numerical experiments.
KeywordsFractional differential equations Coupled system Generalized Fibonacci sequence Fejer quadrature formula
The authors would like to thank the referees for their constructive comments; which helped substantially to improve the manuscript.
- Abd-Elhameed WM, Youssri YH (2015) New spectral solutions of multi-term fractional order initial value problems with error analysis. Comp Model Eng Sci 105:375–398Google Scholar
- Abd-Elhammed WM, Youssri YH (2015) Spectral solutions for fractional differential equations via a novel Lucas operational matrix of fractional derivatives. Rom J Phys 61(5–6):795–813Google Scholar
- Beilinson A, Levin A (1991) The elliptic polylogarithm. In: Jannsen U, Kleiman S, Serre JP (eds) Motives (Seattle, WA, 1991), Proc. Sympos. Pure Math, vol 55, pp 123–190Google Scholar
- Doha EH, Abd-Elhameed WM, Bassuony MA (2015) On using third and fourth kinds chebyshev operational matrices for solving Lane–Emden type equations. Rom J Phys 60:281–292Google Scholar
- Koepf W (2014) Hypergeometric summation. 2nd edn. Springer Universitext Series. http://www.hypergeometric-summation.org
- Owolabi KM, Atangana A (2016) Numerical solution of fractional-in-space nonlinear Schrödinger equation with the Riesz fractional derivative. EPJ Plus 131(9):335Google Scholar
- Samko SG, Kilbas AA, Marichev OI (1993) Fractional integrals and derivatives. Theory Appl Gordon Breach, YverdonGoogle Scholar
- Youssri YH, Abd-Elhameed WM, Doha EH (2015) Ultraspherical wavelets method for solving Lane–Emden type equations. Rom J Phys, 1298–1314Google Scholar