Development and Application of Cast Steel Numerical Simulation System for Heat Treatment
- 36 Downloads
A numerical simulation system for heat treatment of cast steel was developed using C++ environment, which has been integrated into the InteCAST platform as a new feature module. The system mainly includes heat treatment process inquiry module, initialization and property parameter setting module, automatic import and display module of time-temperature-transformation (TTT) and continuous cooling transformation (CCT) curves, heat treatment process design module, organization, performance and stress–strain prediction module. This paper introduces the mathematical model and numerical solution algorithm in the process of numerical simulation of the heat treatment organization, performance and stress–strain as well as the interface operation process and application examples of the system.
KeywordsInteCAST heat treatment microstructure and performance prediction stress–strain
This research was financially supported by the National Nature Science Fund Projects, China (No. 51605174), and State Key Laboratory of Materials Processing and Die & Mould Technology Research Project (2015–2017). This paper is an invited submission to IJMC selected from presentations at the 73rd World Foundry Congress, held September 23 to 27, 2018, in Krakow, Poland, and has been expanded from the original presentation.
- 4.J. Qi, Computer simulation research on temperature field of steel tube heat treatment based on ANSYS. Hot Working Technol. 46, 231–233 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.L. Dai, R. Chen, X. Zhang, The numerical simulation of decarburization of 60Si2CrVA in heat treatment by DEFORM-3D and the research of practical application. 2nd International conference on manufacturing science and engineering, Guilin, China, 09–11 April 2011Google Scholar
- 8.G. Ge, L. Zhang, Y. Liu, Numerical simulation on stress distribution and deformation of large hydro turbine blade with complex surface during heat treatment process. International symposium on materials application and engineering (SMAE), Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2016Google Scholar
- 9.L. Chen, Y. Ling, X. Kang, Numerical simulation of stress and deformation for a duplex stainless steel impeller during casting and heat treatment processes. J. Mater. Sci. Technol. 24(3), 364–368 (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.L. Škerget, M. Hriberšek, D. Zhang, B. Stauder, D. Greif, Numerical simulation of immersion quenching process for cast aluminium part at different pool temperatures. Appl. Therm. Eng. 65(1–2), 74–84 (2014)Google Scholar
- 18.Z. Malinowski, T. Telejko, B. Hadała, A. Cebo-Rudnicka, A. Szajding, Dedicated three dimensional numerical models for the inverse determination of the heat flux and heat transfer coefficient distributions over the metal plate surface cooled by water. Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 75, 347–361 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Wu Liu Zhuang, Zhaoji, Wu Jingzhi, Zhang Yi, Numerical Simulation of Heat Treatment Process (Science China Press, Beijing, 1996)Google Scholar
- 23.P.H. Maynier, J.D. Manager, P. Bastien, Prediction of Microstructure Via Empirical Formulae Based on CCT Digrams (The Metalturgical Sciety/AIME, New York, 1978)Google Scholar