Jetting Dispenser Height Effect on the Accuracy of Test Strip for Blood Glucose
- 24 Downloads
This study explores the application of Jetting Dispensers to dispense droplets of glucose oxidase enzyme solution onto blood test strips of immersion gold-plated printed circuit boards. Each droplet must contain the same weight of glucose oxidase enzyme solution, and the jetting dispensing must be within the reaction area of test strip while wrapping around the golden electrodes. Experimental results show that the height at which the droplets of glucose oxidase enzyme solution are jet dispensed onto the test strip reaction area significantly affects the glucose test strip. A dispensing machine with a jet dispensing height of 1.3 mm produces droplets in the test strip area that are all the shape of arc beads. Therefore, test strips have lower standard deviation (STD) and coefficient of variation (CV) when dispensed at 1.3 mm than at heights of 1.1 and 1.5 mm. This study confirms that the optimum jet dispensing height parameter with respect to enzyme compound is 1.3 mm.
KeywordsNozzle height Jetting dispenser Biosensor Blood glucose test strip Standard deviation Coefficient of variation
The authors would like to thank the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of China, Taiwan, for financially supporting this research under Contract No. MOST 105-2218-E-027-013.
- 1.Shu, X., Xie, D., Chang, X., Wang, J., Xie, A., & Yang, L. (2015). Design and experimental study on droplet-on-demand jetting system for multi-materials. In ICEPT, pp. 1120–1124.Google Scholar
- 2.Anthony, F. (1999). Advantages of non-contact dispensing in SMT assembly processes. Paper presented at SMTA/ATE, Chicago, September 2000, pp. 1–7.Google Scholar
- 3.Piracci, A. F. (2000). Practical production applications for jetting technology. In Proceedings of APEX Conference, pp. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 4.Nordson Asymtek INC. (2009). Axiomtm X-1000 Series Dispensing System Operations Manual. Nordson Corporation, P/N 392888, Rev. E.Google Scholar
- 5.Nordson EFD. (2013). High-speed piezoelectric jet valves offer new modular dispensing solutions. Nordson Corporation, V051914.Google Scholar
- 10.Ikushima, K. (2010). Liquid material discharge device and liquid material discharge method. Patent Application Publication, Pub No, US2010/0294810A1, Nov. 25.Google Scholar
- 11.Nordson Asymtek INC. (2014). Dispense Jet Series DJ-9000 Owner’s Manual. 2762 Loker Avenue West Carlsbad, CA 92010-6603 USA.Google Scholar